People always ask me: Why did you start traveling? When did you start traveling? Although I came to the United States from Peru at the age of 8, I did not catch the travel bug until I started experiencing unhappiness from an on-and-off again relationship. I started traveling nationally to places like Las Vegas, New Orleans and California just to escape my unhappy relationship at the time a little over 5 years ago.
In 2013, I started to travel internationally and my first trip was back to my home country of Peru. After that trip it, I haven’t stopped traveling and I have been to countries in 5 out of 7 continents.
So, how exactly did traveling heal my broken heart?
- It showed me that my problem was minuscule compared to other problems around the world.
- It showed me that there is a whole world out there waiting to be explored.
- It introduced me to some incredible people around the world.
- It showed me how to be independent and fearless.
- Lastly, I created new memories that replaced old memories and with time my heart was filled with my love for traveling.
…and now that I am free I get to live the life I always wanted.
“Dare to live the life you always wanted.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson